Smeg is an Italian appliance manufacturer based in the town of Guastalla. While the company is best known for its refrigerators, it also manufactures a range of dishwashers. If your Smeg dishwasher will not start, it could be due to problems with the power supply, the water supply or the wash cycle. You can get your Smeg dishwasher working again by following some brand-specific as well as general troubleshooting tips. This task will take about 15 minutes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Confirm that your Smeg dishwasher is receiving power. Check that the outlet is working by plugging a lamp or other small appliance into the outlet. If the outlet does not work, check your household fuses or breakers. Contact an electrician if you are not familiar with domestic fuses or breakers.
Verify that your dishwasher is switched on and set up to start a wash cycle. Close the dishwasher door, press a wash cycle button on the dishwasher's control panel and then the "Start/Pause" button. The Smeg dishwasher will start after a few seconds.
Confirm that the water shut-off valves are open and the hoses free of kinks. Smeg dishwashers will not start if they are unable to draw water from the mains supply. Shut-off valves are usually located where the water pipes meet the wall. Twist the taps on the shut-off valves clockwise until they are in their "Open" position.
Check the dishwasher's display for an error code beginning with the letter "E." Error codes communicate a problem with a particular part of the dishwasher. Codes E1, E2, E3, E4, E8 and E9 cancel the current cycle, codes E5 and E6 interrupt the cycle temporarily and code E7 appears at the end of a completed cycle. See Tips for more information.
Contact Smeg USA if your problems persist. Appliances which are within their warranty period may qualify for free repair.
Tips and warnings
- The error codes are as follows:
- E1: Anti-flooding system activated due to water leak, contact a technician.
- E2: Water level safety system activated. Switch the dishwasher off, then on and select a new cycle. Press "Start."
- E3: Water not heating properly, retry the cycle. Contact a technician if problems persist.
- E4: Water temperature cannot be detected. Switch the dishwasher off then on and select a new cycle. Press "Start."
- E5: Washer cannot draw water properly. Ensure that the shut-off valves are open, the hoses are free of kinks and the pipes are properly connected.
- E6: Washer cannot pump out water. Ensure the drain hose is not blocked and is free of kinks.
- E7: Turbine flow-regulator malfunction. Washer cannot regulate incoming water. Switch the dishwasher off then on and select a new cycle. Press "Start."
- E8: Washing system malfunction. Switch the dishwasher off then on and select a new cycle. Press "Start."
- E9: Water intake system malfunction. Contact a technician.
- Contact a technician if error codes E2-E8 persist.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for