Mini soccer is a good way to introduce children to soccer, as soccer goals, for children, can be as simple as a pair of sweaters being used in place of goalposts, or a goal chalked on a brick wall. The size of the goal for mini soccer, though, has to be twelve feet across and six feet high. Making a goal for mini soccer can be achieved in a number of ways.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tape measure
- Drain rods
- Old rags
Measure out the length of the goals with a tape measure. Dig holes, with a fork, where the goalposts should be inserted. The holes should be six inches deep and six inches in diameter.
Build the goalposts from two pieces of wood, which should be six and a half feet in length at least. Any sturdy wood will suffice. Check that the wood is not too wide to fit into the holes dug earlier. Cut off the ends of the wood with a saw where necessary. Plant the wood in the holes. The posts don't need to be a tight fit, but they should be strong enough to resist impact from a ball or player. Add padding to the posts via tying old rags to them with string.
Use plumbers drain rods for the crossbar. These will connect together, and should be placed on top of the goalposts. The crossbar should then be tied to the goalposts with string. Don't be concerned if the pipes are too long. As long as they come to the minimum ten feet then they can be utilised.
Connect soft netting to the frame of the goal behind the goalposts and crossbar, by using string. The best netting for this purpose is garden netting, which is used in gardens to protect crops. Tie the netting to both goalposts separately, connecting with the crossbar, and also tie the netting to the centre of the goal.
Tips and warnings
- There are a number of other materials which can be used to make a crossbar, as long as they come to a length of ten feet. These include a washing line pole and flat pieces of cardboard stapled end to end.
- Make sure everything is safe for play, i.e. no jagged edges on the wood, and that the netting is untangled.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for