OdoBan is a cleaning solution that disinfects and sanitises surfaces and eliminates unpleasant odours. When used correctly, OdoBan can be used as a deodoriser, sanitiser, a disinfectant, a mildewstat or a virucidal. It disinfects surfaces against germs such as Streptococcus pyogenes (Strep), Listeria monocytogenes, Escherichia coli (E. coli) and Staphylococcus aureus (Staph); it also disinfects against Trichophyton mentagrophyte (the fungus that causes athlete's foot). When used as a virucidal it kills HIV-1, Herpes Simplex type 2 and Influenza A/Hong Kong. In addition, Odoban effectively inhibits and controls the growth of mould and mildew. OdoBan comes as a concentrated solution or as a premixed, ready-to-use formula.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Container or spray bottle
- Mop, sponge or brush
Combine one gallon of water with five oz. of OdoBan concentrate in a bucket. Mix the solution well and pour it into a container or spray bottle. If you're using OdoBan as a fungicidal disinfectant, mix seven oz. of the concentrate with one gallon of water.
Remove any heavy soil from the surface to be treated. Clean the surface thoroughly. To function properly, OdoBan has to be used on a precleaned, hard nonporous surface.
Apply the Odoban solution with a mop, sponge, brush or sprayer. Let the solution stand for at least 60 seconds to sanitise the surface or disinfect it against viruses. To disinfect the surface against bacteria or fungi, the surface must remain wet for 10 minutes.
Wipe the surface clean with a cloth or sponge after the appropriate amount of time has elapsed. If you're using OdoBan as a mildewstat, let the surface air-dry and repeat the application every seven days.
Preclean the hard, nonporous surface to be treated. Hold the OdoBan Ready-to-Use bottle eight inches away from the surface; wet the surface thoroughly with the sprayer.
Let the solution stand for 60 seconds to sanitise the surface. To use OdoBan Ready-to-Use as a disinfectant, virucidal or mildewstat, scrub it with a sponge, brush or cloth after spraying and let the solution stand for 10 minutes.
Wipe the surface clean with a cloth or tissue after the correct amount of time has passed.
Tips and warnings
- OdoBan can be used on upholstery, carpets, bedding and curtains to effectively remove odours.
- For those who don't like OdoBan's original eucalyptus scent, both versions of the product are available with a lavender scent.
- Cleanup should be done wearing protective gear such as gloves, masks and eye protection.
- If you're using OdoBan in a spray bottle, be careful not to breathe in the spray.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for