Your Garmin provides you with turn-by-turn directions around the country or around the world. With your Garmin, you will receive built-in maps, Bluetooth technology, apps and a MP3 player. It also includes a security feature that prevents thieves from using the device. With the security feature enabled, you cannot open the map IMG files on your Garmin device. Unlocking the device requires entering a PIN or travelling to the security location. The security location is the location set when you first program the PIN number in the Garmin; for example, this could be your home or office.
- Skill level:
Travel to the location chosen when establishing security settings on your Garmin GPS.
Turn on your Garmin GPS. Once it is on and determines the location to be the security location, it will automatically unlock.
Enter your PIN on the Garmin device, if you cannot travel to the security location. The PIN is a 4-digit number you set upon activating your device. Once the PIN number is correct, Garmin will unlock and let you use it.
Tap the "MAPS" icon. Select the map you want to use on your Garmin. It will now launch on your device's screen.
Tips and warnings
- Keep the PIN number in a safe place.
- Contact Garmin customer service if you cannot remember your PIN number and cannot unlock the device by driving to the security location.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for