Running has always been one of the most effective ways to lose weight quickly and maintain a healthy physique. However, as running is a high-impact activity, placing great amounts of stress on muscles, ligaments and joints. It can eventually lead to knee and hip problems. Running on a trampoline is one weight-loss option as it burns calories and tones muscles without causing stress to the joints. Studies conducted by NASA show running on a trampoline, also known as rebounding, to be up to 68 per cent more effective than jogging.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Warm up before running on a trampoline. Complete five minutes of stretches and lunges.
Finish your warm up by jumping on the trampoline for five minutes. This will ensure your muscles are well prepared for running.
Run on the spot, in the centre of the trampoline. Continue for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on fitness level. Thirty minutes of vigorous exercise a day will burn calories and promote weight loss.
Warm down after completing your workout. Finish with two minutes jumping on the trampoline, followed by five minutes of stretches.
Tips and warnings
- There are several different types of trampoline available. A soft-bounce trampoline is the best type for aerobic exercise.
- Always consult your doctor before embarking on a new fitness regimen.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for