Your home alarm system will make beeping sounds when the backup battery has been drained. This is usually the case whenever the panel is not receiving any power and cannot turn on. The beeping sound that the low battery alarm makes can become very annoying, but it can be disconnected by removing the drained battery from your home alarm system panel. Make sure to replace the drained battery with new ones to keep your home alarm system functioning properly.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Locate the alarm panel. It is usually located inside a closet in your house.
Open the alarm panel door by unlatching the clip on the centre side of the door. Locate the drained battery. The battery will be located inside a small box on the alarm panel.
Pull the latches, which are located on both sides of the battery, down to release the battery from the panel. Remove the drained battery from the panel by pulling it out.
Replace the drained battery with a new battery from the manufacterer of your system as soon as possible to keep the system monitoring properly.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure you turn off the breaker to change the battery in the alarm system panel to prevent any electrical mishaps from occurring.
- There are many versions of home alarm systems. Refer to your alarm system's user manual for the details on your home alarm system and its functions.
- If you lose power to the system panel, you could lose the memory and it may need to be reprogrammed.
- Make sure you are aware of the risk of loss of insurance by working on your alarm system by yourself. Replacing the battery should not raise any concern, but it is better to know before you start working on it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for