Teflon is a popular coating in cookware because of its ability to release food easily. People use it because it cuts down on the amount of oil needed and it also cuts down on the cleaning time. Teflon can easily get scratched if you use metal utensils or harsh abrasives on it. You don't need to throw out your pans or bake ware if the damage is minimal. Non-stick pan repair spray can work wonders on a scratched Teflon surface.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Gentle dish-washing liquid
- Non-stick cookware and coating spray
Wash your Teflon coated cookware using a sponge and mild dish-washing liquid. Clean until there is no residue remaining. Rinse well.
Dry the cookware with a towel until it is completely dry.
Spray non-stick cookware repair and coating spray on the Teflon surface. The coating that you spray should be completely even on the surface.
Let the cookware sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 260 degrees Celsius while you are waiting.
Place the cookware in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove carefully with oven gloves. Allow cookware to cool completely.
Wash with a sponge and mild dish-washing liquid. Rinse and dry well.
Tips and warnings
- Use wooden utensils to keep your cookware from scratching.
- Never preheat empty Teflon cookware.
- Always cook on low or medium heat. Teflon surfaces should not be heated above 260 degrees C.
- When cooking with Teflon cookware, turn on a fan or open a window to avoid fumes.
- Use heavier Teflon cookware because it takes longer to heat up.
- Replace your Teflon cookware every three to five years to avoid substantial damage.
- If your Teflon cookware is chipping or is badly scratched, replace it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for