The Grundfos MQ is a compact, self-priming multistage centrifugal pump designed for domestic water supply. The pump is best employed at depth not exceeding 26 feet. The pump is operated by a control panel on top of the unit. When water is needed, the pump starts automatically, and a built-in pressure tank powers the unit. Do a little troubleshooting by looking for cracked or leaking suction pipes, clogged non-return valves and insufficient pressure in the tank.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Check the water supply suction pipe for damage or obstructions, if the pump does not start. Run a supply of cold water through the pump, if the unit does not start due to overheating. Inspect the electrical box for blown fuses and tripped breakers. Ensure that the top point of the discharge pipe and the pump does not exceed 50 feet. The pump could be in an alarm condition. Reset the unit by pressing the "On/Off" button once. Press the button one more time to start the pump.
Check the pipework for leaks or damage, if the pump will not stop running. Repair the pipework as necessary. Inspect the non-return valve for blockages. Clean the valve as needed.
Check that there is adequate pressure in the pressure tank, if the pump starts and stops too frequently.
Ensure that the ground connection is connected to the pump according to local regulations, if the pump gives out electric shocks.
Drain the pump through the drain hole and loosen the union nut on the discharge pipe, if there is a risk of frost damage. Fill the pump with liquid before starting it again.
Clean or replace the internal non-return valve, if the pump starts when no water is consumed. Have a service technician install a new valve.
Tips and warnings
- The Grundfos MQ is resistant to sunlight and is suitable for indoor and outdoor installation.
- For inspection and service, allow a minimum clearance of 60 inches behind the pump. The pump is self-cooling and requires no ventilation at the sides.
- When the red indicator light is on, the pump is on standby.
- Do not touch the electronics unless the pump has been turned off for at least five minutes.
- The Grundfos MQ is a non-submersible pump.
- Do not start the pump unless it has been filled with water, or primed.
- Do not remove the pressure tank from the pump unless it has been vented through the air escape valve.
- Do not use force when connecting the pipes to the pump.
- Ensure that the pump's protective cover is in place for outside installations.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for