Blaupunkt's Verona series of car radios are entry-level radios for the car-audio enthusiast who isn't by advanced features like DVD playback or surround-sound but simply wants to listen to the radio in the car. As Blaupunkt is a well-known manufacturer of in-car audio, the Verona still includes a security-code lockout function so as to discourage thieves, and when connecting the radio, you'll need to input this code.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Standard screwdriver
- Dashboard adaptor for Verona radio
- Wiring adaptor for Verona radio (optional)
Unscrew the power cord from the negative terminal of your car battery with a wrench. Remove the cord and place it well away from the battery so no power is flowing through the battery.
Remove your car's installed radio by unscrewing and unfastening the clips holding it in place with the screwdriver and sliding it up and out. Disconnect the white jack containing the power, antenna and speaker cables. If you didn't install your current stereo, consult your car's owner's manual (or that of the stereo, if it is an after-market model) for specific removal instructions. Pull the power, antenna and speaker cable jack through the dashboard adaptor for your Verona car radio.
Slide the dashboard adaptor for your old radio into the slot and extend the metal wings until the adaptor fits snugly. Push the tabs at the back of the adaptor outwards with the screwdriver to fasten the adaptor. Insert the jack containing the power, audio and speaker jacks into the rectangular slot at the back of your Verona. Slide the Verona into the dashboard adaptor until it clicks into place.
Replace the negative battery terminal and tighten the nut with the wrench. Insert your key into the ignition and turn it halfway to turn the radio on.
Press "^" to bring up the code-entry screen, or "6" if this does not work. Enter the code "8288" to unlock your radio. Some makes of Verona use the code "0288" instead, so use this code if "8288" does not unlock the radio.
Tips and warnings
- Blaupunkt radios may require a wiring adaptor to connect to the jack containing the power, antenna and speaker wires for some models of car, depending on where the car and radio were sold. Consult your Blaupunkt dealer to see if this adaptor is necessary. This dealer can also supply you with a dashboard adaptor if you purchased your radio second-hand and didn't receive such an adaptor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for