- Skill level:
Things you need
- Tulle fabric
- Aerosol spray starch or stiffening spray
- Mild laundry soap
- Clothes line
Hand-wash the tulle with cold water and laundry soap. This will ensure that no dirt will adhere to the tulle when you stiffen it. Hang up the fabric in an open, well-ventilated space and let it air dry.
Once the tulle is completely dry, cover each side of the tulle with a thin, even layer of aerosol starch or stiffening spray. Allow 30 to 90 minutes for the spray to dry.
Take down the tulle and test its stiffness. If you wish the material to be stiffer, add additional coats of spray as needed.
Tips and warnings
- Test-wash a small section of the tulle before you wash the rest of the material, to ensure that the washing will not damage the fabric.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for