Nacho Libre is the comical wrestler character created by Jack Black in the 2006 movie of the same name. For fans of the movie both young and old, dressing up as Nacho Libre is an ideal opportunity to recite lines and emulate moves from the comical film. Because Nacho's homemade wrestling outfit was quaintly imperfect in the film, this is a great costume to make on your own. Check your fabric store's bargain bin for the red cape fabric to keep the costume inexpensive.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 to 2 yards red fabric
- 2 feet red ribbon
- Needle and thread
- 2 feet gold fringe
- Craft glue
- Red underwear or swimsuit
- Light blue leggings or sweatpants
- Red boots or high-top sneakers
- Black eyeliner pencil
- Short, curly black wig (optional)
Hold the red fabric up to your neck and make a small cut in the fabric where it reaches your middle-calf area.
Lay the fabric on a flat surface and cut a straight line across, starting at the small cut mark. Trim the sides of the fabric at an angle to create a trapezoid shape that narrows at one end.
Stitch a 1-foot piece of ribbon to each corner of the narrow end of the trapezoid to create the tie for the cape.
Glue a strip of gold fringe across the back of the cape approximately 1 foot below the neckline. Let it dry.
Cut two rectangles large enough to cover your knees from the leftover cape fabric. Glue these to the knee area of your leggings or sweat pants. Let dry.
Put on the leggings or sweatpants and place the red underwear or swimsuit on top of them. Tie the cape around your neck and put on red high-top sneakers or boots.
Draw a black moustache onto your face with the eyeliner pencil. Put on a short curly black wig or simply mess up your natural hair and your Nacho Libre costume is complete.
Tips and warnings
- If you're uncomfortable with Nacho's shirtless look, put on a red T-shirt with the sleeves cut off.
- If you don't have red high-tops or boots, red leg warmers or red knee-high socks with the feet cut off achieve a similar look.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for