Frozen potatoes are best when used within six months. If you grow your own potatoes, you can preserve your crop by freezing the potatoes. When you are ready to eat your potato, you may thaw the potato or cook it frozen. If the potato is still whole, it may be best to thaw it first. Thawing also depends on how you are preparing your potatoes. With baked potatoes and mashed potatoes, it is best to thaw before cooking.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Remove the potato from the freezer.
Wrap the potato in aluminium foil.
Place the potato into the oven at 163 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes or on high heat in a microwave for about five to 10 minutes.
Remove the potato from the oven and then remove the aluminium foil.
Prepare the potato as desired, for example, bake it, make hash browns, mashed potatoes, potato salad, french fries or boil the potato.
Tips and warnings
- Cook the potato before freezing it to avoid the potato from becoming mushy when you thaw it.
- Many microwaves offer a "Defrost" setting, read your users manual if you are unsure of the appropriate setting to use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for