Morton's "Nature's Season" seasoning is a spice blend that works well with chicken, fish, vegetables, pasta, salads and dips. It's very versatile in its flavour with fairly simple ingredients and made for use as a general spice. You can make your own with a few ingredients that can be found at any grocery store. You can even store it in your empty seasoning bottle and you'll never know the difference.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1/3 cup granulated salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- Mixing bowl
- Seasoning shaker or empty spice jar
Add all the ingredients to the mixing bowl.
Stir the ingredients with the whisk until the blend is uniform in colour.
Place the funnel in the top of the spice jar or seasoning shaker and pour the homemade nature's seasoning into the container. Cover tightly to avoid clumping.
Tips and warnings
- Using a whisk helps to break up any lumps in the seasoning and fully blend it so that you get a consistent flavour throughout the bottle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for