Designed with scuba divers in mind, Citizen Aqualand watches are just as effective out of the water as beneath it. Since the specialist underwater watch costs several hundred dollars, the California-based manufacturer advises owners against trying to perform repairs themselves. Customers who purchase their watch from an authorised Citizen dealer in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean benefit from a five-year warranty which, like most product warranties, has some exceptions. Citizen has service centres throughout the U.S. and other countries.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Complete warranty certificate
- Original sales receipt (if complete warranty certificate has been lost)
- Letter detailing fault
- Padded envelope or box
- Fee for postage and insurance or courier
- Check, money order or debit/credit card
Find the watch's warranty certificate or original receipt. Check to see if the fault is covered by the warranty and is within the five year time limit.
Compose a detailed letter outlining the fault or problems you are experiencing with your timepiece and what specific parts you would like examined. This will help the company identify the fault. Include your daytime phone number and your postal and e-mail addresses. Keep a copy of this letter as well as the watch's case and serial numbers in case problems arise. A watch service request form can be downloaded from the Citizen website. (See References 3)
Pack the watch in a padded mailer or padded box together with the requested documentation.
Insure the parcel for an amount that covers the retail replacement value of your timepiece.
Send the package to Citizen's main watch service centre in Torrance, California, which offers the shortest repair times. Alternatively, mail the watch to Citizen's regional service centres in Dallas, Georgia or Detroit, although processing times are longer.
Wait to receive your repaired watch. If the fault is not covered by warranty, you will be supplied with a figure detailing how much the repair will cost, and no work will be carried out until Citizen has received payment.
Tips and warnings
- Citizen advises customers to send watches to its main service facility in Torrance. All repair times vary depending on the time of year and the exact problem, but most are fixed within 12 days of receipt of payment.
- If you have supplied Citizen with an e-mail address, once the problem has been identified, you will be sent a repair estimate and a shipping tracking number.
- Citizen is unable to provide exact repair prices via phone or e-mail.
- Work carried out by unauthorised repair centres will automatically invalidate your watch's warranty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for