To make the cable connection for your TV or Internet clear, install the source wire inside the wall to an electrical box. This cable then connects to a wall plate called an F-Connector wall plate. Doing this eliminates unsightly wires running across the floor or along the wall of your room. An F-Connector wall plate fastens to the electrical box in much the same way a light switch or outlet wall plate does.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Grasp the end of the coaxial cable that is in the electrical box and place against the threaded portion on the back of the F-Connector wall plate.
Twist the end of the coaxial cable clockwise to thread it on to the F-Connector wall plate. Stop twisting once it is hand tight.
Fold the remainder of the cable into the electrical box and push the F-Connector wall plate tight to the wall.
Fasten the wall plate to the electrical box with the provided screws. Tighten until snug. Over tightening may crack plastic F-Connector wall plates.
Tips and warnings
- Once you've installed the wall plate, you can connect the coaxial cable from your TV, satellite dish or cable TV box to the front of the F-connector wall plate.
- If you have multiple coaxial cables coming from the electrical box, select an F-Connector wall plate with multiple connectors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for