The soccer mom with the favourite practice yard can build this easy-to-assemble soccer goal to enhance practice. You can have the PVC pipe cut to length by most home improvement stores to shorten the assembly time. To make your soccer goal portable, assemble the pieces without using PVC glue; for a permanent version of the goal, simply apply PVC glue to the joints as you assemble them. Do-it-yourself soccer moms can complete this project in about two hours.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 1/4-inch PVC elbows, 6 pieces
- 1 1/4-by-48-inch PVC, 2 pieces
- 1 1/4-by-36-inch PVC, 4 pieces
- 1 1/4-inch PVC tees, 4 pieces
- 1 1/4-by-12-inch PVC, 4 pieces
- 1 1/4-by-60-inch PVC, 2 pieces
- 60 zip ties
- 60-by-144-inch deer netting
Insert an elbow on one end of both 48-inch pieces of PVC pipe. Insert a 36-inch piece into each elbow to form two L-shapes with the PVC pipe. The 48-inch pipes are the vertical sides of the goal frame.
Put tees on both ends of the two remaining 36-inch pieces of PVC pipe. Insert 12-inch pipe into opposite openings in the tees to extend the length of the 36-inch pipes to approximately 60 inches. Label one of these as the top of the goal and the other as the bottom.
Place the 60-inch PVC pipes in the remaining openings in the tees. This connects the top to the bottom.
Add elbows to the remaining ends of the 48-inch pieces and the 36-inch pieces. Insert the top and bottom assemblies into these elbows to finish the frame.
Lay the frame down so the 48-inch pieces are facing down. Lay the deer netting over the frame. Secure one end of the netting to one of the 48-inch pieces with zip ties and work your way across the frame securing the netting to the frame with the zip ties. Cut any netting overage with scissors.
Tips and warnings
- Lengthen or shorten the PVC pipes to build a different size soccer goal.
- Use small sandbags to hold the goal in place.
- Do not work with PVC glue without proper ventilation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for