VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing, a graphical desktop sharing system that allows you to remotely control another computer. Using this, you may use the keyboard and mouse at one computer to control the actions of a computer at a different location. There are many software clients that allow this capability, and some of them are available for free download. Video can be streamed from one computer to another over a VNC connection in some cases, but not always.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- VNC software
- Connection to computer with video
Open your VNC software and select the computer you'd like to connect to.
Browse the contents of the remote computer for the video you'd like to view.
Open the video by double-clicking it, as you would normally. Software on the remote computer will start playing the video.
Tips and warnings
- Read the instructions included in your VNC software carefully to understand if video streaming is possible, and what requirements must be met.
- Streaming video over VNC may not be possible depending on the video card configuration of the PC you're connecting to, or the software you are using. Even when successful, video playback may be slow and choppy due to network latency.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for