Changing the battery in your Audi vehicle can sometimes cause the word "Safe" to appear on the audio systems panel display screen. This message indicates the vehicle's antitheft feature has been engaged. You will be unable to operate your radio until a four-digit security code is entered. Resetting the security code for your Audi Delta CC radio is a simple process that will have your radio working again in no time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Audi antitheft code
Turn on the Delta CC radio in your Audi vehicle.
Press and hold the "FM1/2" and "DX" buttons on the audio systems panel until "1000" appears on the digital display screen.
Use the first four radio preset buttons to input the four-digit security code for your radio. For example, if the security code for your Delta CC radio were "3183," you would press the "Preset 1" button three times, the "Preset 2" button once, the "Preset 3" button eight times and the "Preset 4" button three times.
Press and hold the "FM1/2" and "DX" buttons again. Release the buttons when the "Safe" message appears on the digital display, indicating that the radio is unlocked and ready for use.
Tips and warnings
- Consult your local Audi dealership or service centre to obtain the proper reset code for your Delta CC radio. You might also be able to find the reset code for your radio online.
- Avoid accidentally pressing the "FM1/2" and "DX" buttons while completing Step 3. Pressing these buttons at this particular stage in the programming process will cause the radio to incorrectly interpret them as part of the antitheft code.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for