ProBoards is a provider of message forum systems for websites that want to run their own forum but either do not want to host it on their own website or do not have the facilities for self-hosting. ProBoards runs on specialist forum software that incorporates the BBCode system, a variant of HyperText Markup Language, or HTML, designed to be easy for forum users to work with. The BBCode system is used on a multitude of different forum software implementations, including both ProBoards and phpBB. Adding images to ProBoards signatures therefore means using a small amount of BBCode.
- Skill level:
Upload the image to be placed in your ProBoards signature to an image hosting site such as Photobucket, or your own website if you have the space available. Once you have the image uploaded, make a note of the address that links directly to the image by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy Image Address." This saves a copy of the image location, known as a URL, to the clipboard.
Browse to the ProBoards account where you want to put the image into your signature. Log in to your account if you are not already logged in, and select the "Profile" link to access your profile for this account. Click "Add Signature" and select the "Add Signature to All Posts" option. This will ensure the image you add to your signature is automatically added to the end of all your posts.
Click on the text box for your signature. Enter the opening tag for the image code, "[img]" (without quotes), which tells the software that you want it to load an image. Right-click after the closing square bracket and select "Paste," or press "Ctrl+V" to paste the URL of your image. Enter the tag "[/img" (without quotes) to close the image command and click "Save Changes."
Tips and warnings
- Don't add too many images to your signature or people will get annoyed when your signature is longer than your actual messages on the forum. Limit yourself to one or two reasonably small images. Reasonably small image sizes include the standard Web banner proportions of 468 pixels wide by 60 pixels high.
- Not all ProBoards accounts are set up to allow the full range of BBCode tags to be used by forum members. Site and forum administrators are able to turn off BBCode for some or all members of the forum they maintain, rendering the code inoperable. You may therefore find that although you are able to enter the standard "[img]URL[img]" code, your image does not show up in your signature.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for