BBQ grills get a lot of use in the warm months allowing you to cook food outdoors among friends and family. Whether you have a charcoal grill or a gas grill, once the cooking is complete you must start the process of cleaning it. Cleaning a BBQ grill is a tough job, especially if the food particles are charred onto the surface. While vigorous scrubbing will eventually remove the debris, steam cleaning is a less laborious process.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Steel-bristled brush
- Steam cleaner
- Garden hose
- Extension cord (optional)
- Newspaper (optional)
- Sponge (optional)
Gasp the sides of the BBQ grill and lift it out of the BBQ. Set the grill on an outdoor table or work surface. If the grill is not removable then leave it in place.
Scrub the grill with a steel-bristled BBQ brush using a light back and forth motion to remove surface debris from the grill .
Fill a steam cleaner with water as directed by the manufacturer's instructions. Plug in the steam cleaner and allow it to heat up for three to five minutes.
Point the nozzle of the steam cleaner over the BBQ grill. Turn on the steamer or squeeze the trigger to begin dispensing steam.
Hold the steam 1 inch away from the grill and keep it there for 30 to 60 seconds.
Pick up the steel brush in your other hand and immediately scrub the section of the grilled that was steamed to remove all of the debris.
Move on to another section of the grill and alternate applying steam and scrubbing until the grill is completely clean.
Spray the entire BBQ grill with a garden hose as a final rinse an allow it to air dry before replacing it in the BBQ.
Tips and warnings
- You may need to use an extension cord if you are cleaning the BBQ grill away from any electrical sockets.
- If you don't have a steamer, soak an entire newspaper in water until it is completely saturated. Place it inside the BBQ on the grill and close the lid. Turn the grill on lowest heat setting for 30 minutes to steam the debris off. Open the grill and wipe it clean with a damp sponge.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for