When a kitchen cabinet door does not close properly, or looks like it is sagging at an angle, it needs to be adjusted. Adjusting a sagging kitchen cabinet door can be accomplished quickly using only one tool.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cross-head screwdriver
Open the cabinet door and locate the hinge attachments at the top and bottom. The cabinet door can be moved in different directions by adjusting the screws on the hinges.
Move the door in the desired direction by adjusting the hinges. The door is moved higher or lower by loosening the screws on the door in a counter-clockwise direction. Adjust the door up or down and re-tighten the screws. Do not remove the screws from the door.
Move the door to the left or right by loosening the screws in the centre of the hinge. The door moves as you tighten or loosen the centre screws.
Tips and warnings
- The door does not need to be removed while adjusting it.
- Try different combinations of screwing and unscrewing the hinge screws until the door hangs and closes properly.
- Do not try to slam the cabinet door shut as it can damage the hinges.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for