Frighteningly realistic costumes are memorable, but they can also be costly. The fearful Greek monster Medusa is a classically creepy costume character. The snake-adorned Medusa wig that makes the look, however, is a pricey item. With a few inexpensive hair extensions and a handful of plastic snakes, you can create your own Medusa headpiece at home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Three hair extensions to match your hair colour
- Plastic toy snakes
- Hair clips
- Thin jewellery wire
Braid each of the three hair extensions.
Wrap the braids into a bun shape and pin it together with hair clips.
Snip the jewellery wire into short pieces, one piece for each toy snake. Vary the lengths between 5 and 12.5 cm (2 and 7 inches).
Thread a sewing needle with one piece of jewellery wire. Pull the wire through a snake's underside.
Twist the other end of the wire around a hair clip and pin the snake into the bun. Perform this procedure for each of the toy snakes.
Secure any snakes that are not held in firmly with additional hair clips.
Place the bun on your head and secure it with the extension combs and hair clips.
Tips and warnings
- If you have long hair, you can braid it and combine your braided hair and the extension braids into a bun directly on your head. Pin the wired snakes into the bun and secure them with hair clips.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for