A popular Halloween costume is the contrast between dressing like an angel and dressing like a devil. The costume is usually made by wearing half red and half white; however, it is not complete without the make-up. Evil is a term often associated with red, because of its link to passion, blood, death, hell and being irate. However, good is often associated with light, airy and bright white shades. The pure hue creates an angelic aura. Add the right dramatic or innocent eye and lip and then you have the perfect combination of good versus evil.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Red face paint
- Facial sponge
- Paper plate
- Black eyeliner
- Red lipstick
- Alabaster-coloured face make-up
- Large facial make-up brush
- White eyeliner or eyeshadow
- False eyelash with eyelash glue
- Light-pink blush
- Light-pink lipstick
Pour some of the red face paint on to a paper plate.
Apply the red paint over half your face with the facial sponge starting with the forehead, down one cheek, on one side of the nose and half your chin. Avoid the eye area. Allow to dry.
Use black eyeliner to draw a thick line under your eye on the lash line on the side with the red paint. Then draw a dark line on the upper lash line. You may want to flair the eyeliner outward at the edge of your eye so that it looks darker.
Coat your eyelashes with multiple coats of black mascara so the lashes are dark.
Apply red lipstick to the upper and lower half of the lips on the side where your face is painted; leave the other half of the lip untouched.
Tap a clean make-up brush into light alabaster-coloured facial make-up, foundation or primer powder. Brush the colour on to the side of the face that is not painted red. You are trying to lighten the skin without making it white, just making it lighter and brighter.
Line the eyelids of the untouched eye with either white eyeliner or eye shadow. Use enough so that the eye looks outlined with white.
Apply glue to the edges of the false lash and stick it on the upper lash line. Allow to dry.
Swirl the make-up brush into the light-pink blush. In a circular motion, create a light but noticeable pink stain on your cheek.
Swipe the naked half of the lip with light-pink lipstick.
Tips and warnings
- It is easier to buy a false eyelash kit because it will include eyelash glue and directions on how to apply.
- You can add to this look by pinning half a devil horn on the evil side and half a halo on the "good" side.
- Make sure to look at the ingredients of the products, especially the red paint, to make sure that you are not allergic.
- Be careful not to get the eyeliners, shadows or glue in your eyes. Rinse with water immediately if you do get some in your eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for