Samsung's refrigerator models make temperature selection simple by providing two separate buttons: one to control the fridge, and one to control the freezer temperature. Using these buttons, you can change the temperature for each part of your unit separately. You should keep your fridge temperature at or below 4.44 degrees Celsius (40 degrees Fahrenheit). Your freezer should stay at -18 degrees Celsius (0 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Look at the control panel on your Samsung fridge. It is located on the front of the unit, above the ice maker, if your model has one.
Note the separate buttons marked "Freezer" and "Fridge." The "Freezer" button will be on the lower left part of the control panel, while the "Fridge" button will be on the lower right.
Press the "Fridge" button to switch the temperature between the presets available in your fridge's computer. Depending on the model of your Samsung fridge, you may see a graphic that displays the temperature range from cold to coldest. You may also see individual temperature values show up in numeric form on the control panel.
Press the "Freezer" button to switch temperature presets for your freezer. Just like with the fridge, your model of refrigerator will determine whether your temperature adjustments are displayed graphically or numerically.
Press and hold either the "Freezer" or "Fridge" buttons for three seconds to use "Power Cool" in either section of your fridge. For example, after you have first installed your fridge, you may want to use "Power Cool" to more quickly get your Samsung fridge to proper operating temperature.
Tips and warnings
- Samsung fridges feature an "Energy Saver" button, which optimises temperature controls so the fridge operates as efficiently as possible, drawing less energy.
- If you hold the "Energy Saver" button down for three seconds, this activates Child Lock. If you have young children and are worried that they might change the temperature on your fridge or freezer, use the Child Lock to prevent unwanted temperature changes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for