You can sleep under the stars while remaining indoors by accentuating your ceiling with as many stars as you choose. By using luminous paints, you can add stars to a white ceiling that are undetectable in lighted conditions, but glow in the dark, providing you the illusion of a star-filled sky. With star stencils, you can create your personal night sky; stencils for specific constellations (such as the Big Dipper) and individual zodiacs are available.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Glow paint
- Constellations/zodiac stencils (if desired)
- Small paintbrush
Prepare your room for painting by removing any furniture and placing tarps over the floor. You may wish to use a small stepladder to allow you to get closer to the ceiling. If you're going for a more dramatic visual, you may wish to paint your ceiling black before proceeding with the stars. The glow paint is effective, however, with any coloured ceiling.
Place the stencil over the area of ceiling where you wish to place a constellation or zodiac and use your small paintbrush to dab points of a glow paint into the holes of the stencil. When you're finished, remove the stencil.
Add additional stars by dabbing small points of paint in locations that you wish to place stars.
Tips and warnings
- Glow paints are available in a variety of colours, including white, blue, red and green. This variety of paints gives you the latitude to get as creative as you like in designing your own field of stars.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for