Magic slate is a reusable drawing device. With magic slate, you can draw, erase and reuse the device as many times as you choose. A popular version of this device is a board with two sheets of filmy paper. You draw on it and then lift the page to erase. This device is made from two different types of filmy plastic paper and a waxy black board, which are patented by the inventor. A fun and easy way to make a homemade version of the magic slate is to use materials you can find in any store.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tempera paint
- Large, durable zip-close bag
- Masking tape
- White paper (8.5x11)
- Drawing tool, like a ice pop stick or finger
Choose a dark thick colour of tempera paint.
Place 3 tablespoons of the tempera paint into your zip-close bag. Squeeze out as much air as you can and then zip the bag shut.
Position a white piece of paper, a little smaller than your bag, on a flat surface.
Place the paint-filled zip-close bag on top of the white sheet of paper. Tape the sides of the bag to the surface of the paper with masking tape.
Use your hand to smooth the paint into a thin layer in the bag and across the white paper. You now have a homemade magic slate.
Use a blunt drawing tool, like a finger or an ice pop stick, to draw on your homemade magic slate. Your drawing will appear as you displace the dark paint and reveal the white paper.
Rub your hands over the zip lock bag to wipe away your drawings and start fresh.
Tips and warnings
- Experiment with the amount of paint and size of the zip-close bag to change the design of the magic slate to your preference.
- A child must be supervised when they play with this toy, to make sure they do not puncture the bag and ingest the paint.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for