Carnauba wax is a fantastic way to protect the longevity of your car's paint job, as it is one of the hardest waxes found in nature, thereby creating a hard barrier to keep your car's paint safe. If you don't want to buy commercially available prepared wax concoctions, it is possible to create your own carnauba wax-based car wax at home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4 tbsp pure carnauba wax
- 1 cup linseed oil
- 2 tbsp pure beeswax
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Double boiler
- Heat-resistant container
Place all ingredients into the top section of a double boiler on low to medium heat.
Heat slowly until the wax has melted, stirring occasionally until uniformly smooth.
Pour slowly and carefully into a heat-resistant container and allow to cool.
Tips and warnings
- Choose a container that is wide and shallow to allow ease of use when using a cloth to extract some car wax.
- To polish to a bright shine after waxing, use a rag dipped in white vinegar and rub vigorously.
- Pure carnauba wax can be found at your local auto supply store.
- Be certain your container is heat-resistant to avoid shattering and splattering hot wax.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for