The iPhone is a versatile cell phone that has many features and applications. But users might need to know how to undelete pictures from their iPhones, regardless of how the photos were deleted. Software is needed to undelete photos on your iPhone.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- USB to iPhone cable
Download a third-party media recovery program from the Internet. Research multiple software options before selecting one, because most of the software has a price. Download the program as soon as possible, because there is a only small window of opportunity for recovering deleted files.
Install the program by following the on-screen instructions. This might require restarting your computer. Run the program once it has finished installing.
Choose your iPhone model from the list of recovery drives on the first screen. If your iPhone is not in the drop-down list, click the "Refresh Drives" button. Click the "Next" button once you have selected your iPhone among the list of devices.
Pick the types of the deleted image files you wish for the software to find on your iPhone. Click the "Next" button after all types have been selected. The program will begin scanning your iPhone for all files, including deleted ones that match the ones you selected.
Wait for the scan to be completed. Once it is finished, you can begin to look through the list of files it has found. After you find the files you want to undelete, you might choose to save those files to your local hard drive or burn them to a CD/DVD.
How to Undelete
Tips and warnings
- Attempt the recovery process as soon as possible after the photos were deleted. The iPhone does not completely delete files until they are written over. Thus, it is essential to recover them before they are written over and permanently lost.
- Do not install the digital media program on the iPhone drive. It will not work. It must be installed on a separate PC to which you can connect your iPhone.
- There are many third-party programs out there that advertise the same basic function of restoring deleted files. Do research to find programs that are reputable and are most likely to recover your deleted photos. Do not pay for a program without first reading reviews of it online.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for