Keen makes shoes and sandals that claim to be healthy for the feet, comfortable and attractive. They carry a warranty that takes care of any wear problems you may encounter. For the most part Keen sandals are easy to care for, but even the best-made sandals can acquire odours from the ground, getting wet, and natural feet smells. Taking care of the situation immediately with easy to find items will add to the durability of your Keen sandals.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mild washing powder
- Large plastic freezer bag
Brush off any dirt from the sandals with a stiff brush, then wipe them down with a cloth and some detergent. Clean the inside of the sandals with the cloth to remove any surface dirt.
Put the sandals in a washing machine and start the machine on a gentle wash cycle. Use a mild washing powder and wait for the cycle to run through completely.
Set the washed sandals outside so they are in direct sunlight. Leave the sandals in the sun for two hours or longer until they are totally dry.
Place the dried sandals into a large plastic freezer bag and store the bag in the freezer for two hours. The freezer will make your sandals too cold for the bacteria living in them to survive.
Remove your Keen sandals from the freezer and wear them as usual. Stuff the sandals with newspaper after each wear to prevent smells from building up.
Tips and warnings
- Keep your sandals in a well-ventilated area when you aren't wearing them to ensure they can breathe properly.
- Do not ignore perpetual smells from your feet because it may be a sign of a serious health problem.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for