Hosting a princess party is a delight for any little girl. Having all the right decorations and favours help to make the day special. Seeing a fairy castle cake will surely bring a smile to the birthday girl as well as her guests. Making the castle cake in about an hour with minimal ingredients will bring a smile to your face.
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 cake mixes (plus ingredients needed for cakes)
- 25 x 5 cm (10 x 2 inch) round baking pan
- 340 g (1 1/2 cups) vegetable shortening
- 340 g (1 1/2 cups) butter
- 3 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 1.13 kg (1 bag plus 4 cups) confectioner's sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- Electric mixer
- Icing bag tip #129
- Pink icing colour
- Round cake board covered in foil
- Disposable decorating bags
- Candy coated mints (pink and white colours)
- 5 cake ice cream cones
- 5 sugar ice cream cones
Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla, then gradually add sugar one cup at a time, mixing on medium speed. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add colour with a toothpick and mix well until desired colour is achieved.
Bake and cool two-layer round cake. Use a spatula to frost the cake smoothly. Fill disposable bags about half full with frosting.
Cut the base off of four cake cones. Fill uncut cake cone with icing for stability. Position sugar cones on top of cake cones to make towers and attach by piping stars where they join using tip #129 and icing.
Place cone towers on top of cake in a semicircle. Pipe stars at base of cones.
Mark a door area on side of cake with a toothpick, 8.1 cm (3 1/4 inches) wide. Mark five window areas, 7.5 cm (3 inches) apart, 6.2 cm (2 1/2 inches) wide x 5 cm (2 inches) deep from the top of the cake. Pipe stars to outline and fill in.
Pipe star borders around the top and bottom of the cake. Attach chocolate mint candies to tops of cones and along borders with dots of icing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for