LEGO bricks offer limitless combinations when it comes to creating individual structures or complex landscapes. You can start by creating buildings and eventually move onto more complex structures. Pirates ships are an excellent way to show off your LEGO building skills. The ship comes to a point at the front and has a squared stern -- all of which can be recreated using the LEGO bricks.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 300-400 piece LEGO building set
- Computer (optional)
Sort the LEGOS into piles of similar colours and shapes. It will help when you are building the structure to know that you have enough pieces. Choose the brown or black tiles to make the base of your ship.
Build the base and hull. Remember that both the bow (front) and stern (back) of the ship come to a point. To create the wide, curved sides of the boat, make the keel using the long LEGO bricks and then stack the LEGOs upward and outward. If you have LEGO building skills, add holes in the sides of the ship where the cannons will peek through..
Cover the deck with flat LEGO bricks and then start building up the Captain's quarters in the rear portion of the ship using the same black or brown bricks of the hull. Add windows to your structure.
Attach a mast to the deck. You may need two masts depending on the size of your pirate ship. Attach the sails and flags. Now your custom ship is complete and just needs little enhancements to make the ship look more authentic.
Complement your pirate ship with the addition of pirate figures, treasure maps and pots of gold.
For more a more professional-looking custom pirate ship, you may design your own pirate ship online and then buy the pieces from LEGO.
Tips and warnings
- Take time to build your LEGO pirate ship. It does not need to be completed in one hour or even at one sitting.
- Practice putting the LEGO bricks together until the ship's hull is the way you want it.
- If you already have a LEGO pirate ship or boat building system, you will have component pieces like sails, cannons and pirate figures that you can put on your boat as finishing touches.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for