In the movie "Batman Begins," released by Warner Brothers in 2005, Batman races through the streets of Gotham chasing down bad guys in his "Tumbler," which is designed to sustain blows, be able to roll and change shapes. When the fictional vehicle was too badly wrecked to continue functioning, Batman pressed a button and voila - a motorcycle, with weapons, popped out. Batman fans can now recreate the Batman Tumbler in miniature form, with the Batman Tumbler LEGO set and a few additional tweaks.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- LEGO pieces
- LEGO Batman Tumbler kit
Use LEGO's Digital Designer "Free Build" program to create your own Batman Tumbler from scratch. Create an account with LEGO and download the LDD software to begin designing your Tumbler virtually. Or, click on the "shop" link and search for the "LEGO Batman Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise" kit which contains most of the pieces needed to create the Batman Tumbler.
Purchase the pieces and have them shipped directly to you from LEGO. Purchase any additional pieces from a third-party supplier, such as Bricklink.
Assemble the Tumbler's frame, body and driver's seat compartment (see the Potatoz link in References for detailed, 51-step brick-by-brick instructions). Follow with the rear bumper assembly and roof.
Construct the left and then right front wheel assemblies followed by the left and right sides. Finish with the back left and right rear wheel assemblies.
Tips and warnings
- To create a Batman Tumbler that's truer to the one seen in the movie than what comes standard out of the LEGO boxed kit, use a round steering wheel instead of a plane wheel and chrome silver hub caps instead of the light blue-grey ones. Also, replace all of the 1x2 black grill pieces with 1x2 black tiles which you'll need to purchase from a third-party supplier like Bricklink.
- Take pictures of your creation before you disassemble it to create something else.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for