Like the PC and PlayStation 3 versions, "Unreal Tournament 3" for the Xbox 360 does not include out-of-the-box support for a third-person viewpoint. Nor are mods available for the Xbox 360 to unlock the feature. In order to play "Unreal Tournament 3" in third- person view with an Xbox controller, you must use the controller with a modded PC version of the game.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PC copy of "Unreal Tournament 3"
- Xbox 360 Controller
Acquire and install the PC version of "Unreal Tournament 3" on your computer. Buy the game quite cheaply at most retailers; since it came out in 2007, many stores now sell the PC version for less than 10 dollars (as of 2011).
Download the unofficial Action Cam mod, linked to in the Resources section below. Install and activate the mod to enable third-person view on the PC version.
Use your Xbox 360 controller with your PC to most closely emulate the console gaming experience. Download the latest game patches from the in-game updater; the patched version supports the Xbox 360 controller natively, so you just need to plug the controller into your USB drive.
Tips and warnings
- The Xbox 360 version of "Unreal Tournament 3" does not support any mods and little user-generated content, and most game reviewers cited the game for its inferior controls. Using the Xbox 360 controller with the PC version not only allows a third-person mode, but is closer to the original game experience.
- The PlayStation 3 version of "Unreal Tournament 3" does support the Action Cam mod, and thus allows for a third-person "Unreal Tournament" console experience.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for