A mould of a brain is a fun decoration for a Halloween party or a creative way to discover how the brain looks in a science or anatomy class. Create a brain mould out of gelatin that looks anatomically correct, is bleeding, or is just your typical scary green brain. You can make these variations by using different colour gelatin. It all depends on the purpose of your brain mould.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Mold of a brain
- 3 boxes of gelatin
- 340gr. can evaporated milk
- Cooking spray
- Green food colouring
- Small zip-seal plastic bag
Dissolve gelatin in 73.9ml. of boiling water.
Spray the inside of the brain mould with cooking spray.
Add evaporated milk and 1 cup of cold water to the gelatin. Stir for two minutes until the mixture is smooth.
Add two drops of food colouring to gelatin mixture. If mixture does not look flesh like, continue adding one drop of food colouring at a time.
Pour the mixture into the mould and refrigerate it. Mount the mould with a towel around the bottom, so that it stays upright and takes the form of a rounded brain.
Tips and warnings
- By a brain mould at your local craft store or online.
- To make the mould bleed, mix red food colouring and a cup of corn syrup in a small zip-seal plastic bag. Pour half of the mixture into the mould, then place the plastic bag into the mould, and continue pouring the rest of the mixture over it. Poke the bag with a knife when the mould has set to allow the contents to "bleed."
- To make a green brain, use green gelatin for a fleshy mould.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for