A balloon arch is a great way to add some flair to a celebration. It works well as an entryway or as a frame for a photograph. Making an arch in the shape of a heart is no more difficult than making one of any other shape, it just requires a heart-shaped arch. You can fill your balloons with helium or air, although air-filled arches will last much longer. Air-filled arches are formed by attaching clusters of balloons to your heart arch frame. This type of arch will last for anywhere between a week and a few months, depending on the ambient conditions.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Air pump
- Poster board or cardboard
- Heart-shaped balloon arch
Inflate all of your balloons. It is important that the balloons are all the same size. You can cut a hole into a piece of cardboard or poster board that is as wide as the balloons you want. Then you can pass the balloon through this hole as or after you inflate it to ensure that its size is uniform with the rest.
The number of balloons you will need depends on the arch frame. A good rule of thumb, however, is that you will need four to six balloons for every one foot of the frame.
Tie the balloons into clusters of four. This is most easily done if you tie the necks of two balloons together, seal them and attach them all at the same time. Do the same with another set of balloons, and join the two pairs of balloons by crossing them in the middle and twisting them together to make a cluster.
Lie the frame flat to attach the balloons.
Attach the clusters of the balloon to the arch. To accomplish this, place the cluster on the arch's rod in the location you desire and twist two balloons around each other, locking the cluster to the rod. Slide clusters of balloons together so that they nestle together.
Continue these steps until you've covered the entire arch with balloons. Move them along the frame rod so that the balloons are all tightly packed.
Tips and warnings
- You can use balloons of multiple colours to make the balloon arch more striking. You can also spiral your balloons by using two, three or four colours. To make it spiral, each cluster must have the same colour pattern nested in the same direction.
- You can make your own arch, but make sure that it's sturdy enough. Recommended materials include aluminium, PVC pipe or plastic rods. Wire the frame to the ceiling or anchor it well for additional support.
- The balloons on the arch don't have to be inflated fully. However, the bigger the arch, the bigger the balloons must be to make it look balanced.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for