Making beaded animal key rings is an easy and fun way to decorate your key ring, and the animals also make creative zipper pulls for backpacks, purses, and diaper bags. You can either locate a pattern online, or create your own pattern using graph paper and coloured pencils. Use iridescent beads to give a nice, shimmery effect, or use opaque beads to give a flat appearance. The animals also make lovely sun catchers to hang in the window.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Key Ring
- Beading String
- Pony Beads
- Glue (optional)
Use a slipknot to attach the centre of a 2 foot string to the keychain.
Pull one end of the string through the first bead, then pull the other end through in the opposite direction.
Bead each row with the colours indicated in the pattern. For each row, add all of the beads to one string first, and then thread the other string through the complete set.
Tie a strong knot at the end of the animal. Use at least a double knot, but a triple knot is more secure. Cut off the excess string.
Tips and warnings
- Be sure to use a strong string, and to knot the end properly.
- You may want to add a drop of craft glue to the final knot.
- It's helpful to separate the different colours of beads into piles.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for