The idea behind wish bracelets as an attractive accessory is twofold: each coloured stone holds metaphysical energy dependent on the colour it represents. The second theory about how the wish bracelet works is that it reminds you of your goals. We focus our energy on things that we see often. If your wish is on your wrist, it is a constant reminder of what you want, and subconsciously you are more focused on it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3 strings of 0.04-inch thick hemp twine;12 inches long each
- 9 small coloured beads
Pick out the stones you want to include in your wish bracelet dependent on what you want to wish for:
Blue is for healing and health.
Green is for hope, money and prosperity.
Gold is for fortune and abundance
Red is for love, lust and passion.
Purple is for spirituality and energy.
White is for peace and truth.
Hold the three strands of hemp. Tie them together into a knot about an inch from their ends.
Clip the end of the strands that are tied to the clipboard. This keeps the bracelet in place and makes it easier to work with.
Braid the three pieces of hemp. Place the three stands flat on the clip board with one on the right, one in the middle, and one on the left. Take the strand on the right and cross it over the strand in the middle and placing it between the left strand and the middle strand. Take the far left strand and cross it over the middle strand, placing it between the middle strand and the right strand. Repeat the cycle. Continue braiding until you are about 1/3 of the way down the bracelet.
Pick up a bead and thread it on one of the strands. Continue to place a bead on every other strand that you pick up as you braid it.
Continue to braid the hemp until you get to the size of the bracelet you want. Take it off the clipboard and tie the free ends together. Cut off any extra hemp from the ends.
Say your wishes out loud before you tie the bracelet around your wrist. The story holds that your wish will come true when the bracelet falls off or breaks off.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure the hemp is thin enough that the beads can slide on it.
- Pick the stones that correspond with the wish you want and incorporate them into one bracelet, or make one bracelet for each wish and line them up on your wrist.
- You don't have to put nine beads on the bracelet; you can put any amount you wish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for