Not too many things are worse than having fleas in your home. Fleas can live on mammals, sofas, carpets, curtains and many other surfaces. Anyone can bring these critters back to their homes, however pet owners seem to be the most commonly afflicted with flea infestations. Fleas suck the blood of whatever host they are living on, and can carry diseases as serious as the plague. This is why it is extremely important to rid your house of them immediately.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 6 lemons
- 1 quart of water
- Large pot
- Clean spray bottle
Cut six lemons into quarter pieces.
Boil your lemons quarters in a large pot of containing 1 quart of water for 20 minutes.
Steep your lemon and water mixture by letting it sit overnight to make sure that all of the lemon oil comes out of the lemon's peel.
Put your lemon mixture into a spray bottle. After your lemons have boiled and then soaked overnight, your mixture is ready. Fill a clean spray bottle with your mixture.
Spray your furniture with the lemon mixture. Apply your lemon spray liberally on all of your furniture and any other surfaces that are infested with fleas.
Tips and warnings
- Because this spray is made from plant-based ingredients and water, feel free to use this on all of your pets and any other areas of your home.
- Add eucalyptus oil to your spray for an added ingredient that will kill fleas.
- Make sure the spray bottle you use is clean. You wouldn't want to be spraying harmful chemicals on your furniture where you and your family will be sitting.
- Call an exterminator if home remedies do not control your flea problem. They can be dangerous and painful pests to have in your home.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for