Many Singer sewing machines have been passed down from generation to generation. The vintage Style-O-Matic 328K remains one of the brand's most popular even though its manuals are somewhat difficult to obtain. Fortunately, most of Singer's earlier machines thread the same way.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Singer sewing machine needle size 9, 11, 14, 16, or 18 (depending on machine model and fabric to be stitched)
Insert the threaded bobbin into the bobbin case under the slide case and lead the thread into the slot and under the spring.
Draw the thread into notch at end of spring; pull about 3 inches of thread across bobbin and close the slide plate.
Raise the take-up lever to its highest point and turn the hand wheel toward you to raise the needle.
Lead the thread through the machine's threading points. Make sure you have enough thread to draw through the needle's eye for sewing.
Thread the needle, using the threader if necessary. Pull 2 to 3 inches of thread through the eye.
Tips and warnings
- Use the stitch length regulator to adjust the number of stitches per inch.
- Use the pressure adjustment knobs to ensure smooth handling of fabric while stitching.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for