The faux hawk, also known as a fohawk or faux-hawk, can be worn by girls or guys and doesn't require a haircut to attain. The faux hawk is an edgy, cutting-edge style that resembles a mohawk. Express your unique sense of style by adopting this punk-inspired look.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Hair gel, pomade or wax
- Styling creme (optional)
Slick down the sides of your hair with gel, pomade or wax. You can also use hair clips to pin hair back. Pull hair back into a low ponytail if you desire.
Apply wax or styling creme to a strip of hair on top of your head you want to stand up. Start with a little bit of product at a time to keep from overdoing it.
Back-comb the hair that you want to stand up. Back-combing, or teasing, refers to brushing toward the root with a pick or comb. Pull hair into the desired shape between your hands and rub your hands together.
Finish by spritzing hairspray lightly all over hair. Use a strong hairspray that is designed to combat frizz and humidity.
Tips and warnings
- Do not wash your hair directly before styling a faux-hawk. A little oil in your hair will help the style stay put.
- Straighten curly hair before attempting this style
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for