Dualit's line of toasters have more bells and whistles than a basic pop-up toaster, but they're simple to use, once you understand the dials and settings. In addition to making toast, you can use your Dualit toaster to defrost bread and toast bagels and buns. You can even make sandwiches with the optional Dualit sandwich rack accessory. The toasters are available in two- or four-slot models that heat individually, allowing you to use only one slot without wasting energy heating the empty ones.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Plug in the Dualit toaster.
Turn the top dial to select the number of slices. For one slice, select "I," for two slices select "II," up to "IIII" for four slices. For bagels, set to the "O" or "OO" bagel setting, which toasts one side only.
Place slices of bread into the Dualit toaster from left to right, with the dials on the right of the slots. Place bagels so that the cut sides face to the left.
Set the bottom timer to point to the preheat circle over the "2" section of the dial when using the toaster cold. After the toaster is preheated, adjust the timer to the desired darkness. For well-done toast, set the dial to between 2 and 3; for light toast, set it at between 1 and 2.
Press down on the ejector knob under the toaster slots to pop the bread up to check on it while toasting and to remove it when the cycle is done. The toast or bagel does not pop up automatically, in order to keep it warm in the toaster.
Tips and warnings
- Defrost bread or bagels by setting the bottom dial to the "defrost setting." After 20 seconds, the bread will be defrosted and can be used; or toast it according to the instructions above.
- Optional accessories include the sandwich rack and heating rack.
- It's normal for some smoke to come out of the toaster when you first use it. If the toaster is smoking and is not brand new, clean out the crumb tray that slides out from the bottom of the toaster under the heating elements.
- Do not submerge the toaster in water to clean it. Unplug the toaster and wipe with a damp cloth to clean the surface.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for