Chocolate bar or baking chocolate
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Roasted coffee beans are ideal for brewing a fresh pot of coffee but also an appropriate addition to baked goods, frozen desserts and enrobed in chocolate or yoghurt. Roasting the coffee beans before use improves the taste and makes them suitable for use in your favourite snack and dessert recipes. Of course, eating the beans on their own is also popular with many coffee lovers.
Melt baking chocolate (if you prefer a bitter chocolate), or your favourite chocolate bar and coat your coffee beans in the chocolate. Melt the chocolate on your stop top, combined with butter, or in your microwave, again using better. When the chocolate liquefies, take a tablespoon of melted chocolate and pour it on waxed paper. Roll the bean in it. Let them dry on waxed paper overnight in your freezer. Remove from the freezer. Place the beans in a plastic container. These make a tasty snack.
Cover your roasted coffee beans in a thick coating of yoghurt. Using your favourite yoghurt, dip the bean and cover it fully. About 1/2 a teaspoon of covering will full coat your bean.The yoghurt simply needs to be room temperature. Place on waxed paper. Place the waxed paper in a plastic container. Put in your deep freeze. Freeze in for 24 hours. Remove the coated beans. Enjoy a delicious frozen snack.Keep them in the freezer for continued frozen, chocolate-yoghurt goodness. The end product has the consistency of a frozen-yoghurt covered coffee bean.
Chop your roasted coffee beans into smaller bits and pieces. Toss them on your favourite ice cream, gelato or frozen yoghurt. This is a tasty addition to your favourite blended dessert. Ideal flavour pairings include chocolate, coffee or vanilla frozen product tossed with coffee bits. A very delicious treat for all to enjoy.
Bake your favourite brownie recipe. Half way through the baking process coat the roasted beans in flour. Chop them up. Coat in flour again. Distribute the beans evenly throughout the baking brownies. You have created scrumptious coffee-flavoured brownies.
Eat them solo as a snack. Coffee beans are often sold in cafes and bakeries in small bags for snacks for folks on the go. This is a quick and easy way to enjoy your coffee fix.
Tips and warnings
- Do not give young children or nursing and pregnant women coffee beans, due to caffeine. Some senior citizens or those taking certain medications may also not be able to have coffee, as caffeine may mix poorly with their medications. Anyone taking medication should read the label or check with their pharmacist as a method of ensuring caffeinated products are safe.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for