When Halloween or costume parties come around, a popular accessory is fake teeth to make costumes even more authentic. One costume idea that requires fake teeth is a hip hop artist or a night at the club costume. Typically, hip-hop style fake teeth look metallic, like gold or silver. You can save money by making teeth like these yourself, using common materials found around the house. In addition to saving money, you can also make them customised to your teeth.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- Aluminium foil
- Plastic gemstones or rhinestones (optional)
Mix the water, corn syrup and vinegar together in a sauce pan.
Bring the mixture to a boil.
Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Pour the mixture into an air tight container or bottle. You can use it immediately.
Measure out a 3 inch by 3 inch piece of aluminium foil.
Cut the piece of foil, then fold it in half. This will make it stronger.
Make the foil conform to the shape of your teeth. Place the foil on your top front teeth and shape it to them.
Without tearing the mould, remove it from your teeth. Using scissors, cut off any excess foil.
Using the edible glue, adhere rhinestones to the mould. Allow it to dry for at least 15 minutes. This is an optional step.
Tips and warnings
- Plastic gemstones or rhinestones can be found at craft stores or sections of general stores.
- You can adjust the consistency of the glue by adding or subtracting water. For false teeth, you want the glue on the thicker side.
- Alternatively, you can use non-toxic glue.
- When making your fake teeth, always use non-toxic or edible ingredients.