Today Vanilla Ice is most well-known for his music video for "Ice, Ice, Baby," made in the 1990s. Imitating his outfits and creating a Vanilla Ice costume that will get recognised at costume or Halloween parties is fairly easy because of the personality and brand he created for himself at the peak of his fame.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White University of Miami Sweatshirt
- Orange trousers
- Silver hoop earring
- Black shoes
- Blond hair colour
- Sunglasses (optional)
Style your hair to match Vanilla Ice's hairstyle. He had short hair on the sides and back of his head with longer hair on the top. He combed the top of his hair backwards and typically had a light blond or brown hair colour. If you hairstyle does not already match this, you may need to plan on getting a haircut, purchasing temporary hair dye or buying a wig.
Put on the main articles of clothing. Wear a long-sleeved University of Miami sweatshirt paired with light orange, pajama-style trousers that were popular in the 1990s. Vanilla Ice sings about his pride for Miami in his songs and wears Miami clothing in his videos. If you can't find a suitable pair of orange trousers, a pair of light-coloured straight leg jeans or jean shorts will also suffice.
Complete the outfit with accessories to give it an extra level of authenticity. In the "Ice, Ice, Baby" video, Vanilla Ice wore a silver hoop earring in his left ear. He also wore black shoes and wore sunglasses part of the time.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't have a Miami sweatshirt, you could opt for a neon-coloured T-shirt that was popular in the 1990s and that other characters in the music video wore.
- Put on a silly persona for the evening and pretend to be Vanilla Ice. Dance around using his dance moves from his music videos, and respond to the name Vanilla or Vanilla Ice.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for