Dish-washing detergent is expensive, and many products contain harsh ingredients that are not eco-friendly. Instead of using commercial dishwasher detergent, make your own. Homemade dishwasher detergent is quick and inexpensive to make, and will leave your dishes sparkling clean.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup washing soda
- Glass jar with lid
- 1 cup borax powder
- ½ cup salt
- ½ cup citric acid
- 1 cup liquid Castile soap
- Empty squirt bottle
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 drops tea tree oil
Pour 1 cup washing soda into a glass jar with a lid. Add 1 cup borax powder.
Add ½ cup salt and ½ cup citric acid to the mixture. Use a spoon to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
Use 1 to 2 tbsp of the homemade detergent per load. Store the detergent in the jar with the lid secured tightly.
Pour 1 cup liquid Castile soap into a clean, empty squirt bottle. Add ½ cup water.
Pour ½ cup white vinegar into the bottle. Add 2 tbsp lemon juice and three drops tea tree oil.
Put the lid on the bottle and shake it well. Use 2 to 3 tbsp per load.
Tips and warnings
- Fill your rinse agent dispenser with vinegar for an alternative to store-bought rinsing agents.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for