Military clothing can be very chic if worn properly. A military hat can add an interesting touch to the way someone dresses. Military clothing can also be worn on Halloween for a number of different costumes. Whether you are dressing up to go trick-or-treating or you would just like to add a military piece to your wardrobe, a military hat is a good option. Fortunately for those who like to design their own clothing, it is easy to make your own military hat.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lightly coloured peaked hat
- Olive drab, tan or dark brown fabric dye
- 2- to 4-liter bucket
- Cloth patch
- Needle and thread
Mix olive drab, tan or dark brown dye in a 2- to 4-liter plastic bucket with water. Read and follow the instructions on the dye package for the ratio of dye to water and the length of time to soak the hat in the dye.
Remove your hat, and rinse the dye off by washing it in the washing machine without any soap. Tumble dry the hat in the dryer to give the fabric a worn-in military surplus look and feel.
Put your army cloth patch in the middle of the hat above the peak. Sew the patch onto the hat using a needle and thread. Army badges and stars are patches you can use.
Tips and warnings
- Army surplus and camping stores are good sources of vintage army patches and stars.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for