Avaya's group paging function allows users to make announcements to groups of people in real time. This feature is useful for employers who need to make announcements to entire departments or workstations, as group page recipients can listen to the message on speakerphone or with a handset. Group page recipients can only listen to the page and cannot speak back to the sender. Only Avaya phones with a speaker functionality can make and receive group pages.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Navigate to the "Groups" tab and click the "Page Group" button to create a paging group. You must be a system administrator to do this.
Click the "Add" button to add a new group. Enter the group number, name and location to which it's assigned. Select the "Add Extension" radio button and enter the extension number for each member in your page group, then click "Add Extension" to finalise the addition.
Dial your paging group number and deliver your message to the paging group recipients.
Tips and warnings
- A single paging group cannot exceed 32 members, but members can be added to multiple paging groups.
- Group pages won't be received if the recipient is on another call or if his phone is already ringing. Additionally, group pages won't work if the "send-all calls" or "do not disturb" functions are activated.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for