There are several ways to create a bowling ball costume. This bowling ball will be flat to allow the wearer to sit. Preparation time for this costume, not including shopping for materials, should be an hour or less. The total cost for the costume should fall well between £3 and £13 depending on where you get the materials. The construction is the same for an adult or a child.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Hula hoop or disk sled
- Large black trash bag
- Black electrical tape
- White paper
- Auger, ice pick or hole punch
Put the hoop or sled inside of the trash bag and tape it taunt using electrical tape. Try to position the bag so that it is seamless on the side that will be showing.
Cut three circles out of white paper. If you look at an actual bowling ball you will notice that the holes are different sizes. Make the thumb hole larger than the other two.
Tape the circles onto the trash bag by looping the electrical tape, or you can use clear tape.
Use an auger or other tool to create two holes in the top of the bowling ball. Lace some string through the holes to make a loop to hang the bowling ball around your neck.
Tips and warnings
- Accessorise with plastic bowling pins and bowling shoes.
- For added detail, create a logo or add a weight designation to your bowling ball.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for