Magic Marker is a trade name for a permanent felt-tip pen. Yet, the name "Magic Marker" is often synonymous with any type of permanent marker. You can write on a slick surface of the mug with a permanent felt-tip pen, but it needs to be a specific type if you want it to last. Otherwise, the permanent ink will wear away over time due to soap and water washing.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lint-free cloth
Wipe the outside of the mug with a damp cloth to clean its surface. Dry with a lint-free towel.
Write or draw designs or a picture on the mug with a permanent marker made for ceramic, glass or plastic applications.
Wash the mug as directed by the manufacturer's recommendations. Some recommendations allow for washing in a dishwasher, while others restrict cleaning methods to hand-washing.
Tips and warnings
- Some permanent markers made for writing on ceramic, plastic or glass may come in a paint formula.
- Scraping or abrasive scrubbing could cause any type of permanent marker to flake away.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for