Crafting a paper-mache volcano is a great activity for a science enthusiast of any age. Creating a dramatic eruption is simple to do with common household materials.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Complete paper-mache volcano
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup warm water (optional)
- Red food dye (optional)
Pour two tablespoons of baking soda into the container at the centre of the homemade volcano.
Add 1/4 cup of water dyed with red food colouring to the container if you wish to create a more-realistic demonstration.
Pour 1/2 cup of vinegar into the container with the baking soda (and water if added) and observe the dramatic fizzing eruption.
Tips and warnings
- This eruption may cause a mess, so be sure to perform this demonstration outside or in an area covered with newspaper or another protective material.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for